Through its research and surveillance systems, it provides reliable information about the population’s state of health, health determinants and risk prediction indicators, which allows public authorities to build their prevention and healthcare finance projects and to evaluate the effectiveness of these. It identifies the health services resource requirements and carries out healthcare economic analysis.
Health Web Portal
The Health Portal's activities relate mainly to:
- updating the content relating to the health and social sector,
- legislative and statutory monitoring,
- international health monitoring,
- editing of new content,
- documentary management of the Health Portal contents,
- development of new functionalities,
- development of new audiences (creation of a Zone for young people),
- implementation of a network of contributors,
- monitoring of news and health warnings,
- control of the health and social sector agenda,
- development of new dossiers,
- user tests,
- operations for the site labelling of the Health Portal,
- answers to the questions of citizens and professionals.
At the same time, this Health Portal unit manages the national health directory which brings together all the health professionals and all the organisations which are involved in the health and social sector. It is involved in the distribution of LUXTRUST cards which enable professionals to work within private applications thanks to the authentication of an electronic signature.
The Health Portal Unit was established in 2006 in order to meet the needs of the Ministry for Health to develop a Health Portal.
This unit in partnership with the Centre for State Information Technologies, the Ministry for Health and a services company has:
- coordinated the development of a concept validated by a national coordination committee which brings together all the parties involved in the health and social sector,
- carried out technical development,
- put the Health Portal (www.sante.lu ) online on the 22nd April 2009.
From now on, the Health Portal Unit is in charge of the management of the Health Portal, its maintenance and development on behalf of the Ministry for Health.
This unit is the subject of an agreement with the Ministry for Health which finances it.