Our fields of interest range from basic research to contract R&D for the diagnostic and vaccine industry.
- Immunology and genetic/antigenetic diversity of old and new emerging viruses: relevance for detection, vaccination, pathogenicity, drug resistance, development of new treatment strategies
- Development of immune-preventive strategies against infectious agents and against environmental risk factors, such as carcinogens.
- Crosstalk between the immune system and the neuroendocrine system in particular under stress: gene structure, the transcriptional and translational regulation of nuclear receptors, such as the glucocorticoid receptor as the main stress response mediator.
- Perinatal programming and epigenetics of the immune system.
- Proteomics studies using 2D DIGE technology paired with MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and LC-MS in the above areas and other fields in collaboration.